Installation: Calibrating Slide [Troubleshooting]

Voor de Nederlandse versie van dit document, klik hier


In this article we help you with solving connection problems during calibration. If you have a different problem, choose the link below:

- My curtains don't completely open or close
- When I try opening my curtains they close, and vice versa

Are you stuck on one of these screens?

Turn of your mobile data (3G/4G), or turn on airplane mode

It's important that your phone stays connected to Slide during the installation. Some telephone disconnect, as Slide does not connect to the internet directly. To avoid this, turn off your mobile data, or turn on airplane mode. 


Next, check if the LED-light underneath Slide is pulsating or not. 

The LED-light is pulsating

In this case, Slide did not manage to connect to your WiFi-network. This is usually due to an incorrect WiFi password. 

Go back two steps and fill out your WiFi password again

Sometimes, there is a different password for the 5.0GHz network, than for the 2.4GHz network. Slide always uses the 2.4GHz network. 

Is Slide still not connecting, or do you get error messages?

Give Slide a Factory Reset:

1.  Take something small, like a paperclip

2. Slide's reset button is in an opening on the bottom of Slide. Use the paperclip to press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds.  

When you hear the motor and the LED-light starts pulsating, the reset is complete. 

Please note: By giving Slide a Factory Reset, you'll have to configure Slide from the beginning. Start at the step where you enter the 'Device Code'. You'll find this code on the 'Welcome Sheet', or on the top of Slide.


The LED-light is not pulsating

In this case, Slide is connected to your WiFi-network, but is not receiving commands. This means that Slide has problems with settings on your modem. 

This is often because the internet connection is blocked by the modem. In 95% of the cases, this is due to an alternativeDNS-server (such as a pi-hole), a mesh-network or WiFi extenders/boosters. In the remaining 5% of the cases, it is due specific settings on your modem.


1. Alternative DNS-server

If you have a modem that uses an  alternative DNS-server, such as a pi-hole, Slide won’t be able to receive commands from your modem and you’ll have to change the settings.

In order to check if this is the problem, you can test the following:

Take a second telephone and turn on the personal hotspot of this phone (also called ‘Wifi Access Point’). Use this as the WiFi point when connecting to your home network.
Before trying this, reset Slide (see below for instructions). 

If Slide manages to connect while using the personal hotspot, it's the modem or the alternative DNS-server that is blocking the connection to Slide. 

To solve this, try changing the DNS or resetting your modem. Sometimes setting up a guest network from your modem helps, provided that your modem supports this option.


2. Mesh network or WiFi extenders/booster

If you have a mesh-network or WiFi extenders/boosters, Slide might get confused about which specific WiFi point to choose from, as there are several.

Try changing the name of the WiFi point you’d like to use for Slide, using a unique name. This will prevent interference and confusion.
Before you continue, give Slide a Factory Reset (see below for instructions)


3. If these options don’t apply to you, try resetting your modem and try again.

Before you continue, give Slide a Factory Reset (see below)


How to Factory Reset Slide

1.  Take something small, like a paperclip

2. Slide's reset button is in an opening on the bottom of Slide. Use the paperclip to press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds.  

When you hear the motor and the LED-light starts pulsating, the reset is complete. 

Please note: By giving Slide a Factory Reset, you'll have to configure Slide from the beginning. Start at the step where you enter the 'Device Code'. You'll find this code on the 'Welcome Sheet', or on the top of Slide.


Are you stuck on a different screen? Click here

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us