Calibrating Slide [Troubleshooting]
This article contains solutions for the following possible problems during calibration:
- Stuck on Calibration screen.
- Curtains do not fully open or close
- My curtains open when I select close, and vice versa.
Stuck on Calibration screen.
If you can't get past the above shown screens, it might have several causes.
- First of all, when you're at this screen, please have a look at Slide itself. Is the light of Slide slowly pulsating (slowly going on and off)?
- If so, Slide was not able to connect to your wifi network. Please double check your Wifi credentials. In some cases the Wifi passwords of the 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks differ. Slide uses the 2.4GHz one. You can retry by going back to the installation procedure and connecting to the Wifi Access Point of Slide itself. If however, when restarting this procedure, you get errors during the process, please factory reset Slide (see following point)
- If not, Slide is connected to your Wifi network but is not able to receive any commands. This is most likely due to an incorrect user secret. In this case you will need to factory reset Slide. To do so please do the following: unplug the power cord of Slide, then replug it again. The light at the bottom of Slide will (start to) blink. The reset button is placed in the other hole (opposite of the light). Use something like a paperclip to push and hold this button for at least 10 seconds. Slide will return to factory settings and the light of Slide will start pulsating (going on and off slowly). Please restart the installation flow in the app from the beginning where you have to put in your user secret. You can find the user secret on the 'Welcome Sheet' and on top of Slide.
- Another important thing is to make sure that during the installation flow your phone stays connected to the Wifi Hotspot of Slide, up until you entered / selected your own Wifi network to connect to. Some phones have the tendency to disconnect from the Slide Wifi Access Point, because it has no internet connection. You can disable this in the settings of your phone or sometimes you get a warning asking if you want to keep the current connection.
Curtains do not fully open or close.
Curtains open and close asymmetrically.
- Probably the Second Connector is not placed correctly. When installing the Second Connector please make absolutely sure there is no cable left in the First Connector.
Curtains do no fully close
- Check if the cable of Slide can move freely and not stuck in any of the curtain runners.
- Please make sure the fabric can indeed still close and is not preventing Slide from pulling it. You can do this by trying to pull the fabric by hand to close the curtain. If either the left or right side can't be closed, Slide will not be able to do so either. It is important to test both sides as Slide pulls your curtain from both sides at the same time. Because Slide sits "inside" your fabric, it might be that your fabric has become that little bit too small. if this is the case, you can try the following:
- Is just one side preventing Slide from closing the curtains? This might be because the Connectors (First & Second) are not attached correctly. They have to be placed completely symmetrically. Play around with the location of the Second Connector to see if this makes any improvements. Be sure that there is no cable left in the First Connector when installing the Second Connector.
- Move the two mounts more toward the middle.
- If you attached the mount to your stopper, it means moving your stopper.
- If you just used the Slide Spring (the metal part in the mount), see if you can put the Slide Spring in a different slot in the Mount.
- If you can't or don't want do the above, you can install the Mounts of Slide on the ceiling. This way the curtain track is not used anymore to hold Slide. Please be careful if you do so. The whole weight and strength of Slide is hanging on this Mount. Using the correct tools, plugs and screws is mandatory. If you are not sure, please contact us for more information at support[AT]Slide.store.
- Check the strength of Slide in the calibration screen.
My curtains open when I select close, and vice versa.
This means you have switched the First and Second Connector. The First Connector is supposed to be attached to the curtain most close to Slide. The Second Connector should pull the second curtain. If there is only one curtain, the Second Connector should not be used